- Bearings: Enduro Ceramic Angular Contact
- Color: Red
- Bottom Bracket/Frame Interface: BB86, BB92
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width (mm): 86mm - 92mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell I.D.: 41mm
- Crank Spindle Type: GXP (SRAM, Truvativ, Etc.)
- Crank Spindle Diameter: 22/24mm
- Weight: 102g
- Packaged for retail display
Enduro Angular Contact Ceramic Bearings
In standard radial bearings, only 3 or 4 balls make contact during the load, at any given time. In Angular Contact (A/C) bearings, ALL balls are engaged and spread the force over a larger surface area, to decrease friction, and minimize wear.
Grade 5 Si3n4 Ceramic Balls:
- High precision balls are within 5/1,000,000″ round, 60% lighter weight, and 7 times harder than steel.
52100 High Carbon Chromium Alloy Races:
- Vacuum de-gassed process for the purest chromium alloy steel, hardened to R-62, extremely tough and very durable. Polished to a mirror finish for ABEC-5 precision and noiseless movement.
The bearing seals are dual lip, groove type seals rather than standard 2RS types that other manufacturers use; one lip to keep the dirt out and the other to keep the 90% grease fill inside. Bearings are filled both sides with Rheolube grease for the best protection and long lasting set up. Another external seal with dual lips on both sides and made from the best Silicone material guards from water and dirt penetration.
Because of the internal ball path design, all of the balls are engaged 100% of the time lending even maximum support through the entire pedal stroke. Filled with Rheolube special synthetic grease formulated in the USA, the balls are micro-coated with long lasting protection from friction. "LLB" dual lip groove seals and another external seal with dual lips on both sides and made from the best Silicone material guards from water and dirt penetration.
We back them up with a 1 year warranty.*
- (PRESS-7) Universal Bottom Bracket Press
- Remove crankset per manufacturer instructions
- If using adapters, remove each adapter from bottom bracket bearings. Some adapters can be pulled out by hand. If needed, use a punch and tap on the adapter from the opposite side of the bottom bracket
- Use a large punch, or headset removal tool, and place end of punch so it is pressed up against the back side of the bearing seat (red area behind bearing as shown in photo)
- Tap cup out using hammer. Force needed to remove will vary from frame to frame (Hint: the closer to the bottom bracket you can clamp the bike in your work stand, the easier it is.)
- Repeat process for other cup
- Clean and inspect bottom bracket. Remove any grease/dirt and prep for installation
Directly replaces all OEM BB86/92 bottom brackets.
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards: