Use PRESS-4 to press right cup in to frame.
Tighten until flanges contact outer face of frame.
Use PRESS-4 to press left cup in to frame.
PressFit 30 bottom bracket in frame.
- Remove crankset per manufacturer instructions
- If using adapters, remove each adapter from bottom bracket bearings. Some adapters can be pulled out by hand. If needed, use a punch and tap on the adapter from the opposite side of the bottom bracket
- Use a large punch, or headset removal tool, and place end of punch so it is pressed up against the back side of the bearing seat (red area behind bearing as shown in photo)
- Tap cup out using hammer. Force needed to remove will vary from frame to frame (Hint: the closer to the bottom bracket you can clamp the bike in your work stand, the easier it is.)
- Repeat process for other cup
- Clean and inspect bottom bracket. Remove any grease/dirt and prep for installation
Life expectancy of Wheels Mfg bottom brackets and bottom bracket sealed bearings depends on factors like frequency of use, environmental conditions and intended use. It is important to maintain bearings to increase lifespan. Please see the section How to maintain sealed bearings for more information.
Extent of Limited Warranty
Wheels Mfg warrants its Bottom Bracket components to be from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 2 years after original purchase. Bearing warranties are as follows.
- Enduro Sealed bearings - standard abec 3 or abec 5. NO warranty.
- Enduro Sealed bearings - angular contact or ceramics. 1 year warranty against defects in workmanship or materials.
- Remaining Wheels Mfg Bottom bracket components - 2 year warranty against defects in workmanship or materials.
This warranty only applies to the original owner and is not transferable. Claims under this warranty must be made through the retailer where the Wheels Mfg component was purchased. Original proof of purchase is required.
Limitations of Warranty
This warranty does not apply to products incorrectly installed and/or adjusted according to the respective Wheels Mfg installation instructions/owner manual. The Wheels Mfg manuals can be found online at wheelsmfg.com. Failure to use correct installation or removal tools will result in damage not covered by warranty.
This warranty does not apply to damage to the product caused by crash, impact, abuse of the product, or unusual installations resulting in subjecting the product to excessive forces or loads beyond its design.
This warranty does not apply when the product has been modified.
This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear. Wear and tear parts are subject to damage as a result of normal use, failure to service according to Wheels Mfg recommendations, and/or riding in conditions or applications other than recommended.
This warranty does not apply to improperly maintained bearings, in accordance with the Wheels Mfg bearing maintenance information found online at wheelsmfg.com
Wear and Tear bottom bracket parts are identified as:
- Dust seals
- Stripped threads
- Bearing races
Exchanging a Wheels Mfg Bottom Bracket
Warranties only apply to the original owner and are not transferable. Claims must be made through the retailer where the Wheels Mfg component was purchased. Original proof of purchase is required. If original retailer is unavailable, exchanges or claims can be made direct to Wheels Mfg. Direct contact is required before shipping back product and original proof of purchase is required. Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (1-800-361-8422) for a Return Authorization number. Freight charges to Wheels Mfg. are the responsibility of the customer.