BB30 Outboard ZERØ Ceramic BB for 24/22mm Cranks (SRAM) - Black
Two machined aluminum cups thread together keeping the bottom bracket stable in the frame, increasing bearing life, and simplifying maintenance. This means no more creaking, smoother operation, longer bearing life, and really quick bearing replacement.
Specifically designed for installing 22mm/24mm spindle diameter cranks (SRAM / Truvativ GXP) in BB30 (42mm ID BB shell) frames without the need for any adapters.
- Bearings: Enduro ZERØ Ceramic Bearings
- Color: Black
- Bottom Bracket/Frame Interface: BB30, Specialized Alloy OSBB
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width (mm): 68mm - 73mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell I.D.: 42mm
- Over Bearing Width: 91.0mm in 68mm wide shell*
- Crank Spindle Diameter: 22mm/24mm
- Tool Pattern: 44mm, 16-notch
- Weight: 133g
- Packaged for retail display
* Over Bearing Width Dimensions include supplied silicone dust shields.
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards (42mm BB shell inner diameter):
- Specialized Alloy OSBB
Compatible with 22/24mm stepped spindle diameter cranksets, like SRAM & Truvativ GXP.
Enduro ZERØ Ceramic Bearings
The ZERØ ceramic bearings have ceramic balls and steel races. The balls are Grade 3, Silicon Nitride (Si3n4). These are the roundest balls you can buy without a military license. The races are treated with a black oxide coating, which helps prevent rusting in the bearing. The races are then reground to a mirror finish after this treatment. Finally, they are cryogenically treated for strength before assembly. We also use Silicone VV seals, which is the lightest drag seal available on the market.
Si3N4 balls with 52100 High carbon Chromium Alloy Races with Cryogenic Treatment: Cryogenic treatment takes the races down to minus three hundred degree Fahrenheit to normalize the crystalline structure of the material so the races will resist the hardness of the ceramic balls and get the maximum wear potential
- ABEC-5 rated Ceramic Hybrid bearing with Grade 3 balls
- Cryogenically treated races will outlast any other bearing on the market
- Dual lip, groove type seals keep dirt out and 90% fill rate grease in
- Rheolube special synthetic grease is long lasting and protects against contamination
- USA made balls are micro-coated with long lasting protection from friction
- (PRESS-9-PRO) Bottom Bracket Service Kit
- (PRESS-7 or PRESS-7-PRO) Universal Bottom Bracket Press
- (WRENCH-BB48-44) Wheels Mfg Double End BB Wrench, 16-notch BB tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BBTOOL-48-44) Wheels Mfg BB Socket tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BB-EXT) Bottom Bracket Sealed Bearing Extractor Set
Note: if your BB shell is slightly oversize, two BB wrenches may be required to fully tighten cups in frame.